Last weekend, I revisited a beautiful island situated in Eastern Visayas, Canigao Island in Matalom Leyte. As expected, it felt like the first time - my second visit was adventurous and enjoyable with a couple of friends. With the help of Cebu's photographer friends, we were able to post some of the best photos on Instagram during our 2-day stay.
|Photo by Doc. Xavier Solis|
|Photo by FaceCebu Author, Mark Monta|
|A Nightscape photo by Doc Xavier Solis|
Here are some best photos of Canigao Island on Instagram. Photos by @mmonta , @vergetalks , @iamatimesuspender and @dookiexave For more Travel posts, please follow us at Instagram via #FaceCebuTravels.
Some says it is the destination... while other says it is the journey... but some says it is actually the company that matters most... While i say... i don't have to think about it when all the three are worth it! #CanigaoIsland #Canigao #Matalom #Leyte #Philippines #Summer #beach #sun #sea #VitaminSea #SummerNiXavee #XaveeinCanigao #LatagawInCanigao #GoPro #GoProPH #GoProEverything #GoPro_Moment #ItsMoreFunInThePhilippines
How to get to Canigao Island if you are coming from Cebu?
1. Take the Shipping Service from Cebu to Hilongos ( PHP 275-350.00 , Economy of Roble Shipping )
2. From Hilongos Port, take a cycle rickshaw or trisikad going to Highway ( PHP 20-30.00 )
3. From the Highway, take a Jeep going to Matalom ( PHP 30-40.00 )
4. From Matalom Highway, walk to Matalom Port going to Canigao Island
4. From Canigao island port, list down your name and pay for pumpboat fare (back and forth) ( PHP 95.00 - 50 for fare and 45 for entrance fee which includes use of comfort room, shower room and island maintenance)