Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cebu Blogger

CBSi @ 3, Founder Speaks

"When Paul Allen and I started Microsoft over 30 years ago, we had big dreams about software. We had dreams about the impact it could have. We talked about a computer on every desk and in every home. It's been amazing to see so much of that dream become a reality and touch so many lives. I never imagined what an incredible and important company would spring from those original ideas." These are the lines spoken by Bill Gates during a News conference at Redmond Washington on June 15, 2006. Just like Bill Gates, together with CBSi co founders Jerry and Kevin, we dreamt and now, it is realized. There was once a time, when Jerry approached me, “Mark, Congrats! Mag 3 years na ang CBSi!” But I replied sincerely and said, “Nope, Congrats to you, to Kevin and most especially to our supportive members” Our members – our important asset of the organization, they never let CBSi down.

For three years, CBSi has always been an effective contributor in marketing and online exposure of Cebu’s tourism and some of the island’s business and entrepreneurship investments. Despite of our good aim, promoting Cebu through blogs, some detractors cooked us in the Hot Seat; throwing some issues letting our Family of Cebu Bloggers go down. But their actions were wrong; they cannot disband the strong bond that we are having. 2010 was a challenging year to the society but we did not give up, instead we made it through the rain. There were development happened, we may not know it but I do believe CBSi contributes a lot to that financial, personal and most of all social development that almost all of us gained.

The Cebu Bloggers Society Inc. Founders (TOP-BOTTOM) Mark M. Monta, Founder and Kevin Ray Chua and Jerry Gervacio, Co-Founders

And now, let me rephrase what Bill Gates had said with my own version. "When Kevin Ray Chua, Jerry Gervacio and I started Cebu Bloggers Society Inc. over three years ago, we had big dreams about a solid Blogging Community. We had dreams about the impact it could have. We talked about proud Bloggers on every site and in different locations here in Cebu. It's been amazing to see so much of that dream become a reality and touch so many lives. I never imagined what an incredible and important Family of Cebu Bloggers would spring from those original ideas."

I would like to include the testimony of Ms. Amor (Director for Communications) of Geiser Maclang regarding CBSi, "I've always been very vocal about my admiration for the Cebu Bloggers Society - how you've really worked so amazingly well together"

Congratulations Cebu Bloggers Society Inc.! Happy Three Years of Blogging!

Cebu Blogger

About Cebu Blogger -

Mark Monta is the Founder of Cebu Bloggers Society and Best Cebu Blogs Awards. He is the Blogger behind this FaceCebu.net and Fitness Blog, www.CebuFitnessBlog.com.

10 comments

Write comments
Mikyu
AUTHOR
February 13, 2011 at 7:07 AM delete

wahahahaha bongga ang message! anyway, i'm so proud of you being the founder of CBS, Mark Monta! and i thank you for bringing this group into existence! it really changed my life bya. hihihi. ;)

onward with CBS! :D

bugITs
AUTHOR
February 13, 2011 at 7:10 AM delete

@mikyu thank you so much! and I am so proud that CBSi has members like you. Way to go CBSi!

Btw, wala napud letter i imo comment. hehe

February 13, 2011 at 11:39 AM delete

Let's aim for a better and bigger CBSi for the next years to come...Cheers!

Anonymous
AUTHOR
February 14, 2011 at 2:01 AM delete

The words of Bill Gates are inspiring. And yours are, too.

Bjorn

bugITs
AUTHOR
February 14, 2011 at 5:53 AM delete

@agnes yep! better.... lets do it!
@bjorn thank you!

Bert Padilla
AUTHOR
February 14, 2011 at 4:15 PM delete

Congrats Mark! More years for CBSi....

Zyra
AUTHOR
February 15, 2011 at 6:06 AM delete

BFF SPEAKS: ..nyahahaha

we made it through the rain!!!!...weee..I remembered that line in our senior high???..nyahaha...Anyways,we've come so faaar...but its YOU!...who started that made it possible...ayeee!..Though when we were young pa Mark, I can already imagine what you will become (as I used to know you :P )but not CBSi, because you did not just create this to make a name for yourself (that's my first impression when I heard it from u one time u mentioned ur planning to create such group...kaya i hesitated at first to join..hehe..waaa..peace) but I changed my mind because you let other shine and realized their other potentials and we don't need to ask what are those guys, right?? and you've created a family! We've know since grade school but I'm not just your childhood friend but I've been an honest critic of you ever since, however for this, u deserve a KODUS! Congrats Mark! ....libre hap..hehe

bugITs
AUTHOR
February 15, 2011 at 7:58 PM delete

@bert Thank you and congratulations to all of us!
@zyra you really know me from the start and thank you for the full support. Don't worry you are one of those people who will be invited in my Graduation Day! wooots

Geemiz
AUTHOR
February 18, 2011 at 7:42 AM delete

I'm just new in the group yet weeeeeee na moved ko sa message. I know I will not just have blogger buddies but I will also have true friends.:)

bugITs
AUTHOR
February 18, 2011 at 7:50 AM delete

@geem woots! You surely do.. and welcome to our family

Show some Love, post a comment please? <3 <3 <3