Indeed, It is more Fun in Cebu, Philippines and how to experience such fun? Join the yearly and much awaited cultural event, the Gabie Sa Kabilin 2012, the sixth installation and as tagged in the video of CNN, It's fun in Kalesa Ride in Downtown Cebu! The sixth run of Gabii Sa Kabilin is set to be held on May 25, 2012 Friday - from 6 PM to 12 midnight, and this time, GSK will showcase 22 museums and heritage sites!
Here is the Press Release from Rafi, main organizer of the event:
2. Alternative Contemporary Arts Studio (ACAS)
3. Ayala Center Cebu Cinema and The Terraces
4. Basilica Minore del Santo Niño through the Santo Niño de Cebu Augustinian Social Development Foundation (SNAF)
5. Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) Museum
6. Cathedral Museum of Cebu
7. Casa Gorordo Museum
8. Cebu City Museum
9. Cebu Normal University (CNU)
10. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
11. College Assurance Plan (CAP) Theater
12. Fo Guang Shan Chu Un Temple
13. Fort San Pedro
14. Jose R. Gullas Halad Museum
15. Mandaue City Plaza
16. Museo Parian sa Sugbo
17. Museo Sugbo
18. Plaza Independencia
19. Sacred Heart Parish Church
20. University of San Carlos Museum
21. University of Southern Philippines Foundation (USPF) Rizaliana Museum
22. Yap-Sandiego Ancestral House
- Asilo de la Milagrosa
- Matilda Bradford Church
- Cebu Provincial Capitol Building
- Cebu Puericulture and Maternity House
- Compania Maritima
- early 1900s warehouses along M.C. Briones Street
- Fuente Osmeña
- Gotiaoco Building
- Iglesia Filipina Independiente Cathedral
- Malacañang sa Sugbo
- Mother of Perpetual Help Parish Church
- old Southern Islands Hospital
- Plaza Hamabar
- the old bridges of Sikatuna and Zulueta Streets
- Oriente and Vision Theaters
- Plaza Sugbo
- Plaza Hamabar
- University of the Philippines-Cebu College
- Yutivo Building
- Art Galleries and Alternative Spaces;
- Heritage Structures;
- Historic Educational Institutions;
- Churches, Temples, and Sacred Places; and
- Public Spaces.
- Casa Gorordo Museum
- Cathedral Museum
- Cebu City Museum
- Cebu Normal University
- Fort San Pedro
- Sacred Heart Parish Church
- You can reserve your tickets over the phone through (6332) 418-7234 loc. 703 and look for May Sanchez or online athttp://rafi.org.ph/event/2012gsktr/
- Tickets will be sold starting May 10 at the 21 participating museums and cultural sites, including the concierge at Ayala Center Cebu.
- The BPI Museum will be available for viewing to Gabii sa Kabilin guests from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. only.
- Visitors are treated to cultural performances, exhibits, art fairs, food markets, and interactive demonstrations in the 21 main sites.
- On May 18, Gabii sa Kabilin in Argao and Sibonga will also be launched in partnership with RAFI and the local government units of the two towns.
- Log on to www.rafi.org.ph or www.facebook.com/rafi.org.ph for more information about the 2012 Gabii sa Kabilin.
- Cebu City Traffic Operations Management (CITOM)
- Philippine National Police-Cebu City (PNP)
- Cultural and Historical Affairs Commission (CHAC) of Cebu City
- Province of Cebu
- Department of Tourism-Central Visayas and Santo Niño de Cebu Augustinian Social Development Foundation.